23 July 2010

Redrum.

I have started getting "Fall Preview" emails from my online shopping havens and that makes me happier than Disneyland. I loathe summer. The heat. The bugs. The sweat. But I digress...
Fall and winter are the two reasons I live through spring and summer. The first day it is cool enough to wear a turtleneck is like my birthday. Cold-weather fashion (ironically) smokes its hot-weather counterparts. Keep your spandex bathing suit and tank tops - I'll take the cashmere, please. Food is more dense and comforting. Drinks trade the percussion of ice cubes for the mystery of a swath of steam. And the colors are richer. Reds become bloody and bricky.Yes! Which brings me to the point of this post - red lips for fall. Glory be to whomever sets these trends, because this is my favorite each time it comes back around.

Model Siri Tollerød for Chanel Fall 2010 Couture
Photo: Luca Cannonieri / GoRunway.com


Models Kate Somers and Kim Noorda for Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2010 Couture
Photo: Luca Cannonieri / GoRunway.com

And courtesy of www.dailymakeover.com, a handy guide to fall's ruby pout.




No comments:

Post a Comment