19 July 2010

we're jamming...


I am currently expoliting my new-found affinity for canning. How we are going to eat this much jelly, I have not a clue (especially if I don't start practicing biscuit-making pronto.) This past Saturday, I made black-and-blueberry jam, strawberry-fig jam and jalapeno jelly. I have come to love cooking and canning, especially after the tasty fig concoction I made during first Saturday's jam session, of which we have already consumed two jars! Perhaps I could start a one man jam revolution. Invent new jar shapes. Create couture-inspired lables. Incite millions to pick up a whisk and start jamming, Memaw-style.

This is how it all starts. Blackberries and blueberries nearing the revolution.


Sugared. Boiling. Totally the hotness.


Post jar-filling dregs.

Processing in the water bath.


 
"My first jam was at Hotel Diplomat opening for Hollywood."  ~Kurtis Blow

No comments:

Post a Comment